LOCALITY

Located in the City of Tshwane, South Africa’s capital is the industrial & manufacturing area of Rosslyn. SA’s major motor manufacturing cluster is in Tshwane with Nissan, BMW, Renault & Tata having facilities in Rosslyn.

LOCATION MAP

Along with these multi-national companies, many first and second tier motor industry suppliers and service providers are also located in Rosslyn. Lear Corporation, Faurecia, and Rieter Feltex are located in the Automotive Supplier Park within Rosslyn. This is an impressive government backed motor industry supplier development.
Motor related companies or service providers that are not in the park but that are located in Rosslyn are Afrit, Lemforder, Grupo Antolin, DHL and Grindrod amongst others.
Some other major multi-national & national companies with manufacturing or distribution facilities in Rosslyn include SA Breweries, Bevcan, Tubecon, JD Group, Aberdare and Nampak.
Rosslyn is located on the eastern edge of the Bushveld Igneous Complex, one of the world’s richest platinum, chrome and vanadium ore bodies. Eland Platinum is only 10km west of Rosslyn, with Vantra Vanadium 15kms away, the Crocodile River Mine 30kms away and Pandora and Barplats 50km west of Rosslyn.
The N1/ N4 Bakwena Platinum Highway connects Rosslyn in the West to Rustenburg and beyond to Botswana, to Pretoria Central in the South and on to Midrand and Johannesburg and Eastwards to Witbank, Nelspruit and Mozambique.

The N4/N1 North highway link provides quick and easy access to Limpopo and into Zimbabwe. Strong rail linkages also connect Rosslyn to these areas and specifically into Pretoria Central.

HISTORY

Rosslyn is located towards the north of Pretoria and in 1962 Rosslyn was proclaimed as a €œborder industrial area. Pretoria North is one of the oldest suburbs of Pretoria and is situated on the northern side of the kopje that separates the town.

Pretoria itself was founded in 1855 by Marthinus Pretorius, a leader of the Voortrekkers, who named it after his father Andries Pretorius. The treaty which ended the First Boer War was signed in Pretoria on the 3rd of August 1881.